Solving DLL Errors
Your Windows Operating System uses .dll (Dynamic Link Library) files, which are important for the smooth running of your Windows computer system, and software programs that work with or are compatible with the Windows OS.
If you start to see messages that alert you that some .dll files are missi
ng or corrupt, then you need to act fast.
Why does your PC come up with the message missing or corrupt .dll file? There are actually different reasons for this.
- If part of your hard disk drive has gone bad, this may cause crucial files such a
s the .dll files to become corrupt.
- A .dll file may be corrupt if a software program was badly installed.
- A .dll file may be missing because it has been overwritten by another program. This may have occurred because you ignorantly
or mistakenly installed an incompatible version of a program as an update or an older version of software on a newer version.
- A .dll file that enables an OS or program to run smoothly may have been removed when you uninstalled another program.
- Malicious programs such as viruses, adware or spyware may have deleted or corrupted the .dll files
Solving the .dll error issues – Basic Tips
.dll errors may be
- A specific software program or
- To the Operating System
Specific software program
- The error occurred shortly after you installed a new software program. In this case, you can try to get updates from the vendor or programme developer, if this is not possible, simple uninstall the program and this should solve the problem.
- The error occurred shortly after you uninstalled a program. In this case, it is possible that in the process of uninstalling, the program has deleted a .dll file that is vital to the running of the Windows Operating system. What you need to do is to reinstall the program by restoring your computer to an earlier state. You can try to uninstall the program again and this time, follow the instru
ction. If during the process of uninstalling you are warned that some of the files are being used by another program, make sure you reject the option to delete the files that are being used by other program(s).
Windows Operating System
A .dll error may be attributed to the Windows Operating System if the error occurs while trying to start your computer or while trying to carry out a process using Windows.To solve this problem you can:
- Restore your PC to an earlier state, assuming you have an idea when the problem started.
- Run an antimalware programme. Your system may be infected with viruses, spyware or worms.
If none of the above works, you may use reputable online repair software such as Reimage to do a free scan, detect and solve all your PC problems without losing any data.
Recommended Computer Fix
Easy PC Solution
In just two steps, you can safely and quickly fix every PC error, every PC crash and every PC Freeze.
At the same time, eliminate all hidden malware and security threats then speed up your PC.
A painless way to resolve all known and hidden problems on your PC is to:
- One, Scan - Find out what the actual fault is. You can do this by using a reliable software to scan for issues and malware.
- Two, Repair - Once you pinpoint the errors, then you can go ahead and repair your PC with the aid of a trusted online software program.